Job Description:Environmental Program Manager
|Department||Waste Enforcement Team|
Certification Europe has an exciting opportunity within our Waste Enforcement team for an Environmental Program Manager. The role will lead a team of 25+ officers/team leads. Stakeholder and people management will be essential parts of the role on a daily basis. This is a Managerial position with accountability for multiple teams & multiple projects whilst ensuring a professional representation of the client (s).
Role Requirements and Responsibilities:
• Maintain and develop client relationships, including regular meetings to review performance of the operation against KPIs agreed.
• Manage, train and develop staff in your day to day duties in a fair manner and ensure all aspects of Health & Safety, employment legislation, equal opportunities legislation, and industry standards are adhered to and indeed exceeded.
• Responsibility for Human Resource Management including recruitment, succession planning and performance management.
• Develop, plan and implement work programs for client and employees.
• Represent the client at seminars and meetings.
• Liaise with various agencies such as the Garda Síochána, Environmental Protection Agency, Customs, Local Authorities, IMPEL, other Competent Authorities in the European Union etc.
• Develop and support new opportunities to drive the strategic growth of the organisation where possible.
• Meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing and managing the annual budget; scheduling expenditures and manage monthly invoicing for client billing.
Essential Skills & Experience:
• High level of people management skills. Motivation, communication, giving feedback and assisting and promoting a positive, collaborative culture. Actively ensuring and promoting CE as a Great Place to Work.
• Teamwork – The ability to work on a collaborative basis with all parts of the Certification Europe team will be a key skill requirement. An ability to analyse, recommend & implement process improvements both within the team and in other departments interacting with the team.
• Proven leadership qualities and strong influencing skill.
• Strong interpersonal skills both internally and externally to effectively manage stakeholder and customer contact.
• Comfortable with public speaking and presentations.
• Proven ability to allocate resources to meet customer needs. In some cases, this will be in a very pressurised environment. A calm demeanour when under pressure will be a key skill required.
• A passion for maintaining standards and driving a culture of standards adherence are all key skills required.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree / NVQ equivalent or higher
• Experience in Environmental legislation & compliance would be an advantage
• Full clean driver’s licence (min category B)
• Project Management
• People Management
• Fluent in written and oral English
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment
• Excellent listening skills.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and Teams
• Leadership & Planning
• Effective Communication
• Supervision of Team Performance
• Report Writing / Communication
• Data Management
• Conceptual & / or Investigative Skills
• Interpersonal Skills
If you’re interested in a confidential conversation please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.