Job Description: Graduate Technical Officer Fixed Term 3 Month Contract
The Graduate Technical Officer will assist with the provision of technical support across multiple projects, solutions, and client services as a key member of the Technical Services Team within Certification Europe. This is a field-based role working remotely out of Certification Europe’s head office and you will be required to work with multiple clients, projects & locations within Ireland, therefore the ability to travel and manage your workload flexibly is essential. This is an operational role with accountability for the delivery of projects, assisting, supporting and delivering accurate and timely outcomes and solutions for client services. You will ideally have experience of process driven activities, ensuring they are effective and efficient whilst also developing client relations.
Role Requirements & Responsibilities:
• Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, the Graduate Technical Officer will be instrumental in the successful delivery and execution of projects, solutions and client services using their technical skills to:
• Accurately record the outcome of audits/complaint investigations and update data management systems. This will include compliance inspections in line with legislation and regulations governing Trade Effluent Discharge:
• Inspecting and auditing producers of all liquid wastes, and
• Inspecting and auditing food service establishments for their management of fats, oils and greases.
• Assist in the preparation of technical reports on all non-compliances and suspected breaches of the legislation, including audits, environmental incident investigation reports and case files with emphasis on timeliness, quality and accuracy.
• Developing and maintaining productive working relationships with key stakeholders.
• Review and interpret technical literature such as legislation, guidance & policy documents, and research papers keeping up to date on industry best practices and innovations.
• Supporting your line manager to develop and maintain project/work plans including executing operational goals to ensure KPIs are achieved.
• Other duties including assignment to other sections within the company as may be required from time to time.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
• Degree in Environmental Sciences, Engineering, or similar (NVQ Level 8 or higher)
• Full clean driver’s licence (min category B)
• Fluent in written and oral English
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment
• Excellent listening skills.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
Desirable Qualifications & Experience:
• Knowledge of Trade Effluent Discharge Licencing
• Knowledge of environmental policy and environmental legislation
• Experience in a similar role
• Compliance and/or regulatory experience
• Technical report writing
• Time Management
• Effective Communication
• Report Writing / Communication
• Data Management
• Conceptual / Investigative Skills
•Analytical Thinking & Technical Knowledge
If you’re interested in a confidential conversation, please email your CV to email@example.com or fill out the form below.