Job Description: Technical Officer – 6 Month Fixed Term Position
The Technical Officer is responsible for providing technical support and expertise across multiple projects and client services as a key member of the Technical Service team within Certification Europe. This is a field-based role working remotely out of Certification Europe’s head office and you will be required to work with multiple clients, projects & locations within Ireland, therefore the ability to travel and manage your workload flexibly is essential. This is an operational role with accountability for the delivery of projects, assisting, supporting and delivering accurate and timely outcomes and solutions for client services. You will ideally have experience of process driven activities, ensuring they are effective and efficient whilst also developing client relations.
Role Requirements & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, the Technical Officer will be instrumental in the successful delivery of client services to:
• Accurately record the outcome of audits and update data management systems. This will include compliance inspections in line with legislation and regulations governing Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment Producer Responsibility Initiatives.
• Assist in the preparation of technical reports on all non-compliances and suspected breaches of the legislation, including audits, environmental incident investigation reports and case files management with emphasis on timeliness, quality and accuracy.
• Developing and maintaining productive working relationships with key stakeholders.
• Review and interpret technical literature such as legislation, guidance & policy documents and research papers keeping up to date on industry best practices and innovations.
• Supporting your line manager to develop and maintain project/work plans including executing operational goals to ensure KPIs are achieved in line with supplier performance criteria.
• Organisation of meetings and workshops including preparing agenda, recording minutes, tracking key actions and outcomes of meetings.
• Other duties including assignment to other sections within the company as may be required from time to time.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
• Degree in Environmental Sciences, Engineering, or similar (NVQ Level 8 or higher)
• Full clean driver’s licence (min category B)
• Fluent in written and oral English
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment
• Excellent listening skills.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
Desirable Qualifications & Experience:
• Knowledge of with legislation and regulations governing Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment Producer Responsibility Initiatives
• Experience in a similar role
• Compliance and/or regulatory experience
• Technical report writing
• Knowledge of environmental policy and environmental legislation
• Knowledge of Waste Management Industry within Ireland
• Time Management
• Effective Communication
• Report Writing / Communication
• Data Management
• Conceptual / Investigative Skills
• Analytical Thinking & Technical Knowledge
If you are interested in a confidential conversation, please email your CV to: email@example.com