Certification Europe Ltd is a globally oriented and dynamic certification body with Headquarters in Dublin and offices in UK, Italy & Japan.
We are highly respected world-wide for our certification expertise, for our innovative approach to providing services and for the success we bring to our clients.
The company currently performs thousands of assessments internationally on an annual basis. Clients range from micro enterprise to multinationals and include Government Departments, State Bodies and private organisations.
The Environmental Officer is responsible for providing technical support and expertise across multiple projects and client services as a key member of the Technical Services team within Certification Europe. This role will be predominately ‘desk-based’ working remotely out of Certification Europe’s head office with some site inspection activity required at certain periods. You will be required to work with multiple clients, projects & locations within Ireland, therefore the ability to travel and manage your workload flexibly is essential. This is an operational role with accountability for the delivery of projects, assisting, supporting and delivering accurate and timely outcomes and solutions for client services.
Role Requirements and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, the Environmental Officer will be instrumental in the successful delivery of client services to:
- Conduct compliance and inspection activities on behalf of public sector clients across a range of environmental regulations and legislation related to waste, water and energy use;
- Review and interpret technical literature such as legislation, guidance & policy documents and research papers keeping up to date on industry best practices and innovations;
- Accurately record the outcome of audits and update data management systems;
- Identification of compliance issues with technical documentation against applicable legislation;
- Undertaking compliance assessments of waste permit holders;
- Analysis of sample returns and identification of non-conformance;
- Stakeholder engagement to agree and follow up on corrective action;
- Developing and maintaining productive working relationships with key stakeholders;
- Assist in the preparation of technical reports, environmental incident investigation reports and case files management;
- Other duties including assignment to other sections within the company as may be required from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Degree in Environmental Sciences, Engineering, or similar (NVQ Level 8 or higher)
- 2-3 years’ experience in an environmental role
- Full clean driver’s licence (min category B)
- Fluent in written and oral English
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Time Management
- Effective Communication
- Report Writing / Communication
- Data Management
- Conceptual / Investigative Skills
- Analytical Thinking & Technical Knowledge
If you’re interested in a confidential conversation, please email your CV to email@example.com or contact Erica O’Brien on 01 6429300.