“Our Goal is to become the most successful certification & inspection body there has ever been through radical, energetic innovation. Through our actions and success, we will change the assessment profession forever.”
This vision of the organisation is ambitious and will create a company of a significantly different size, turnover, and scale of activity than that which exists today.
Currently, within Certification Europe there are three services offered:
- Certification Services
- Training Services
- Inspection Services
Purpose of the Role:
The Regional Prevention Officer is responsible for the coordination of waste prevention activities throughout the Eastern Midlands Region and will have excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills. You will have a proven ability to work to tight deadlines and a capacity to foster a positive working relationship with colleagues and external stakeholders.
Role requirements and responsibilities:
- Design, implement and manage waste prevention projects, sustainability campaigns and marketing strategies.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organisation’s objectives, activities and services.
- Write project proposals, grant applications, or other documents to pursue funding opportunities.
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Evaluate and approve stakeholders’ proposals for sustainability projects, considering factors such as cost effectiveness, technical feasibility, and integration with other initiatives.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the WMPOs, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics and represent the EMWMPO at various events.
- Develop, oversee the development, or execute strategies to address issues such as energy use, resource conservation, recycling, pollution reduction, waste elimination, transportation, education, and building design.
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of sustainability programs.
- Other duties as may be required from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Degree in Environmental Sciences (or similar) NVQ Level 9 or higher
- Proficiency in design and publishing software
- Full clean driver’s licence (min category B)
- Fluent in written and oral English
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detai.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good knowledge of Word Press, social media platforms and writing copy
- Have a broad knowledge & understanding of environmental issues at a local, national and EU level.
- Have a high degree of self-motivation, initiative and judgement.
- Possess project/budget management skills and demonstrated experience in this area.
- Possess experience in managing/facilitating working groups.
- Possess excellent report writing skills.
- Time Management
- Effective Communication
- Team Work
- Data Management
- Strategic Planning
If you’re interested in a confidential conversation, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Erica O’Brien on 01 6429300.