Author: Robert Lyons – Sales & Marketing Manager
Since 2018 World Accreditation Day has been celebrated on the 9th of June and each year a specific theme is picked, this year the theme is Accreditation: Supporting the Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
To put this into context the United Nations has put in place an ambitious plan which is entitled 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
Under this Agenda they have outlined 5 key areas:
In putting together the SDGs, Ireland played a key role in their development and at the time our Ambassador Mr. David Donoghue and the Ambassador to Kenya Macharia Kamau were appointed co- facilitators for the final phase of intergovernmental negotiations.
In accordance with the 2030 Agenda and the Paris Agreement Climate change, this made 2015 a milestone year for international cooperation towards a sustainable world and the DECC (Department of Environment, climate, and Communications) played a vital role for both agendas.
At Certification Europe we have been instrumental in certifying companies to ISO 14001 Environmental Management Standards & ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety standards which have helped companies achieve their objectives and goals towards a sustainable future.
ISO standards which help companies plan towards achieving their sustainability goals are ISO 14001 and ISO 45001, which follow the Internationally recognised set of principles and set in place a structured format in line with your company’s strategic objectives.
Central to these standards are but not limited to:
• Minimize your environmental footprint
• Diminish the risk of pollution incidents
• Provide operational improvements
• Ensure compliance with relevant environmental legislation, and
• Develop their business in a sustainable manner
Identify cost savings with greater emphasis on resource, waste, and energy management
• Develop corporate image and credibility
• Quantify, monitor and control the impact of operations on the environment, now and in the future
• Ensure legislative awareness and compliance
• Improve environmental performance of supply chain
• Protect the company, assets, shareholders, and directors
• Potentially decrease public liability insurance costs for your organisation
• Grow your access to business partners and potential customers
For further Information on these standards please follow the links below:
If you would like us to submit an application form, please complete the form below.