World Standards Day 2020 – Protecting the planet with standards
Certification Europe Celebrates World Standards Day 2020
David Attenborough has been fighting along with many others to implement climate change behavior. We all have a part to play and as individuals we can make the change to a sustainable future. One person can change the world but the voices of many can have a deeper impact.
The world is changing every day and we see and read about mass forestation happening in the Amazon, extinction of various wildlife that help sustain life on our planet and new strains of virus that impact all our lives. Not only do we need to act together but we also need the political will to achieve our goals. In an ever-changing world ISO Standards can assist in making the changes to a better future. An International Standard is a document, established by consensus. It describes how to achieve an optimal outcome time after time by using an agreed and consistent approach.
Implementing ISO standards can help make a change to how we reduce the impact on our environment and keep the planet safe for generations ahead.
• Quality management standards to help work more efficiently and reduce product failures.
• Environmental management standards to help reduce environmental impacts, reduce waste and be more sustainable.
• Health and safety standards to help reduce accidents in the workplace.
• Energy management standards to help cut energy consumption.
• Business Continuity Management System standard to help to protect companies from the risks associated with downtime which can occur due to unexpected disruptions or disasters.
• IT security standards to help keep sensitive information secure.
Every change you make within your organisation can help to protect the environment and one person can make the difference.
For more information, read our guide on how to create an effective business continuity plan.