Job Description: Waste Enforcement Officer
The Waste Enforcement Officer is responsible for conducting day-to-day inspections and the investigation of complaints to ensure compliance with relevant waste legislation. The role will be based out of our client’s offices and may require travel to other locations throughout the country. This is an operational role with accountability for delivering accurate and timely outcomes. You will have experience of process driven activities, ensuring they are effective and efficient whilst also focussing on client relations.
Role requirements and responsibilities:
• Investigate and report on all aspects of illegal waste activity.
• Ensure compliance with waste legislation and regulations made under the Waste Management Act 1996 and Regulation (EC) 1013 of 2007 on the international shipment of waste. This will include:
• Inspecting and auditing all producers of waste
• Inspecting and auditing waste facilities
• Inspecting and auditing waste collection permit holders
• Inspecting waste in transit.
• Accurately record the outcome of audits/complaint investigations and update data management systems.
• Collect, manage, and interpret data and gather intelligence in relation to illegal waste activities.
• Conduct overt and covert surveillance when necessary.
• Prepare written reports on all non-compliances and suspected breaches of the legislation.
• Give evidence in court cases resulting from your investigations.
• Liaise with other enforcement bodies including Local Authorities, the Environmental Protection Agency, An Garda Síochána, Customs & Revenue Service and others.
• Other duties as may be required from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
• Degree in Environmental Sciences (or similar) NVQ Level 8 or higher and / or minimum of 10 years investigative experience.
• Full clean driver’s licence (min category B).
• Fluent in written and oral English.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment.
• Excellent listening skills.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Time Management
• Effective Communication
• Report Writing / Communication
• Data Management
• Conceptual / Investigative Skills
• Analytical Thinking & Technical Knowledge
If you’re interested in a confidential conversation please email email@example.com or fill out the form below.