This role requires 20 hours per week to be worked. Due to the nature of the role (carrying out inspections on client sites) the scheduling of the inspections can be planned by the inspector, so the right person will have flexibility to manage their own schedules. This can be morning, afternoon and evening, but will also depend on the establishments operating times.
Certification Europe is a market leader in the services industry and we have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join our growing team.
Do you have knowledge, understanding or experience working in the Food Services Industry e.g. Hotel, Retail, Deli, Café? Are you looking for a career change with more structured hours? If so, this opportunity is for you!
We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated, self-starting individuals who enjoy working as part of a team, meeting members of the public and making an impact with their work.
Benefits of working with Certification Europe:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional Development
- Career Growth
- Competitive Salary
- Company Bonus Scheme
Role Requirements & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the TELIS Programme Manager, the Environmental Inspector will be instrumental in the successful delivery and execution of all aspects of the TELIS service to:
- Accurately record the outcome of audits/complaint investigations and update data management systems.
- Plan and carryout compliance inspections in line with legislation and regulations governing Trade Effluent Discharge Licences auditing food service establishments for their management of fats, oils and greases (FOG).
- Preparation of technical reports on non-compliances and suspected breaches of the legislation with an emphasis on timeliness, quality and accuracy.
- Developing and maintaining productive working relationships with the client and their stakeholders.
- Review and interpret technical literature such as legislation, guidance & policy documents, and research papers keeping up to date on industry best practices and innovations.
- Supporting your line manager to develop and maintain project/work plans including executing operational goals to ensure KPIs are achieved.
- Other duties including assignment to other sections within the company as may be required from time to time.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Experience in food services industry e.g. Hotel, Retail, Deli, Café etc. is favourable
- Full clean driver’s licence (min category B)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, independently and in a team environment
- Fluent in written and oral English with strong communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Report writing
- Excellent IT skills
- Time Management
- Effective Communication
- Report Writing / Communication
- Data Management
- Bike to work scheme
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Full Driving Licence (required)
- Hybrid remote in Parkwest
If you’re interested in a confidential conversation, please email your CV to email@example.com