What is ISO 14001:2015?
ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS) is a systematic framework to manage the immediate and long term environmental impacts of an organisation’s products, services and processes. By completing ISO 14001 certification your organisation can assure stakeholders that your environmental management system meets international industry specific environmental standards.
ISO 14001 environmental certification provides a framework for environmental management best practice to help organisations:
- Minimize their environmental footprint
- Diminish the risk of pollution incidents
- Provide operational improvements
- Ensure compliance with relevant environmental legislation, and
- Develop their business in a sustainable manner
Benefits of ISO 14001:2015
• Identify cost savings with greater emphasis on resource, waste and energy management
• Develop corporate image and credibility
• Quantify, monitor and control the impact of operations on the environment, now and in the future
• Ensure legislative awareness and compliance
• Improve environmental performance of supply chain
• Protect the company, assets, shareholders and directors
• Potentially decrease public liability insurance costs for your organisation
• Grow your access to business partners and potential customers
ISO 14001:2015 Accreditation
Accreditation is the process by which a certification body is recognised to offer certification services. To become accredited, Certification Europe is required to implement a Quality Management System which is assessed by an Independent Authorised Body (Irish National Accreditation Body) to determine that it meets International Standards. Certification Europe is audited annually to ensure its services meet the exact requirements of the relevant accreditation standards. ISO 14001:2015 is accredited by INAB (Irish National Accreditation Body) & UKAS Accreditation
Please visit Our Accreditation page for further information on our accreditation.
What industries implement ISO 14001:2015?
Every company large and small (industrial, manufacturing, services, or trade related) has an impact on the environment and can therefore benefit from ISO 14001 certification.
*Certification Review & Decision includes; granting, refusing, maintaining, renewing, suspending, restoring or withdrawing certification or expanding or reducing the scope of the certification.
Certification to the Environmental Management Standard lasts for three years and is subject to mandatory audits to ensure that you are compliant. However, if you transition from 2004 to the 2015 version during your certification cycle it does not restart the three-year cycle. Deadline for organisations that are certified to the 2004 standard have until September 2018 to update to the new version of the standard.
Contact our team today to receive a free no-obligation competitive quotation from our dedicated business development team. We will devise a comprehensive quote which will be agreed in line with your requirements.